Antigua y Barbuda envió delegación comercial a República Dominicana para fortalecer vínculos
Antigua-Barbuda sends trade mission to the Dominican Republic
– The government of Antigua and Barbuda, in collaboration with the Caribbean Export Agency, has sent a delegation comprising representatives from both the private and public sectors on a trade mission to the Dominican Republic from January 15 to 17, 2014.
The mission seeks to strengthen trade and investment relations between Antigua and Barbuda and the Dominican Republic, the facilitation of arrangements that will foster the development of stronger business ties and serves as a precursor to a planned official visit by Prime Minster Baldwin Spencer.
The areas to be covered by the trade mission include:
• An air services agreement;
• A bilateral investment agreement;
• A visa waiver agreement;
• A scholarship programme;
• Access to medical facilities for Antigua and Barbuda patients;
• Business-to-business contacts; and
• Hospitality training.
The successful undertaking of these initiatives with the Dominican Republic will provide Antigua and Barbuda with the platform it requires to enhance its promotion and attraction of investments, strengthening of business ties among both parties and pave the way for deepening political and diplomatic relations among both countries.